• We're currently working on the search system, until that's complete the search will be disabled. In the mean time, you can use the quick search on the forum home page, or the search from the latest updates page.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
This is part of the issue, it is a fantasy world based on a historical period, where the dev has full control over the characters and world. Yeah, the dev can have potions that cure STDs and removes unwanted pregnancies, heck they could even have a spell that lets a prostitutes repair her hymen so that she can give all of her customers that virgin's first-time experience, it could even be her specialty. However, that also means that the dev could make it so that (like in real history) there aren't brothels all over the place, and the Mc already has an established relationship to the point of early sex, or he uses his power to charm girls into his harem, even the side girls who will be living elsewhere and he just sees on occasion and might take care of from further away.
prostitution and brothels were far FAR more common and not always looked down upon in history esp pre-christian era and non-christian areas

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
If you want to maximize your potential and make the game easier, then you can screw your way to more power. Is it necessary? No. The combat is already pretty straightforward and easy as many have said. Again, our goal is to make a story about an OP MC. If you completely ignore the brothel or having sex with any of the prostitutes you'll be just fine. Like I said it's only a small part of the game. You're not going to be able to spam fucking in the brothel to increase your max score. It's only a handful of times that it comes up. As long as you're paying attention during combat and watch what your opponent does, it's still going to be relatively easy. Just not as easy if you had the additional potency points.
As long as the fights are easy enough that we can win them without having to have sex with the prostitutes, then everything is fine. At least on my part.

you know, not all of the Main Lis are virgins, right?)
they obviously had sex before meeting you, a lot...lot... lot of sex):WeSmart:
I generally prefer to know the minimum of the LIs' sexual life before being with the MC. But if they are sluts who fuck lots of guys, they are, in my opinion, worse than prostitutes since at least they do it for money. In any case, I don't want my MC to have a relationship with either sluts or prostitutes. That said, it doesn't mean that all LIs have to be virgins, just not to fuck everyone they meet.

maybe some of them even got an STD... just saying)
I mean - it's not about quantity but about quality after all, right?) :KEK:
Why are we talking about STDs in a game thread?

TKdropemoff

Oct 4, 2023
you know, not all of the Main Lis are virgins, right?)
they obviously had sex before meeting you, a lot...lot... lot of sex):WeSmart:

maybe some of them even got an STD... just saying)
I mean - it's not about quantity but about quality after all, right?) :KEK:
I don't know what people got this from.. no one ever complained they wanted all girls to be virgins EVER... If so, I am sure it was most likely a very small minority.. Unless it comes to a childhood friend situation, or sisters in alot of situations.. (not like i would complain about virgins, deflowering, and teaching virgin girls is one of my favorite kinks. but I digress.) This is just a strawman people make when someone isn't all for fucking whores, aka prostitutes, or women that fucked the neighborhood.

And I also don't need to know how many dicks someone sucked, or fucked either. It's disgusting, and one of the biggest boner killers to me. Simple as that.

But either way, I just don't want to hear all kinds of TMI if she's not.

Last edited:

TwinAxeGames

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2024
That is what begs a few questions for many:
1. If it so easily skippable and fully optional then why have it? Just to make those who don't like prostitutes miss content and feel like they are being punished?

2. Why have them be prostitutes? If the Mc is OP then why is he resorting to prostitutes? Is there not a single girl who isn't one that he could charm without paying for it? A normal tavern girl who just clicks with the Mc and is attracted to him, or a girl who's known him for a while and decides to finally take the next step could have worked just as well and still fit the "every once and a while more of a side girl," idea so you don't need her to be a "main girl." She just isn't a prostitute but a girl who isn't part of his travels, but he still sees sometimes and maybe sends money to because she is his, he takes care of her, and provides for her, she just isn't a part of the overarching narrative. It's not a binary choice of shy virgin main girl the Mc has to work for a long time to get or prostitutes who talk about it and fuck other guys and we hear about it even after the start of the story. There is a lot of room between those two extremes.
1. I explained why in a prior post. It's not about intentionally causing people to miss content. It's about adding additional content for those people who want that content.
2. Expanding on the above, this is a "quick win". You get to the goods quickly without having to go through an entire romance arc. Not everyone cares about having emotional investment and instead wants to just fuck random women. The emotional investment is going to happen from the potential harem members. It's different strokes for different folks.

In your example, I wouldn't want to create a character like that. To me, it seems like a waste. If there is going to be a character that he's going to be emotionally attached to and involved in, then I want them to have a full romance arc and keep her around. This makes it to where the relationship is very transactional. Having Ryder have the option to sleep around is additional to the story that's already there.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
1. I explained why in a prior post. It's not about intentionally causing people to miss content. It's about adding additional content for those people who want that content.
2. Expanding on the above, this is a "quick win". You get to the goods quickly without having to go through an entire romance arc. Not everyone cares about having emotional investment and instead wants to just fuck random women. The emotional investment is going to happen from the potential harem members. It's different strokes for different folks.

In your example, I wouldn't want to create a character like that. To me, it seems like a waste. If there is going to be a character that he's going to be emotionally attached to and involved in, then I want them to have a full romance arc and keep her around. This makes it to where the relationship is very transactional. Having Ryder have the option to sleep around is additional to the story that's already there.
Thank you for the answers. While I disagree with you about the implications, you have made you intention clear. I think you are creating conflicting impressions and vibes for the game. Those who want a deep story and a harem with emotional connections will be the first to reject the prostitutes because they don't mind build up and don't care for early sex at the expensive of the story and characters, and those who love the prostitutes will not value the main girls because the Mc is already having sex with random prostitutes so why is he bothering to work so hard for "the prudes," or at least that's how I see it playing out in the long term since I have seen it in other games that try to mix such content. (Edit: And those who have no strong feeling one way or the other would be happy with or without the prostitutes.)

I very much appreciate your answer, I wish it was different and you could see that this adds very little and in fact takes away from what seems to be the main intent of the story. Best of luck in the game, but I imagine that this will continue to be something that comes up throughout the story's life here as new people come in that don't read the thread and then mention this issue of conflicting ideas being pushed together. This will be my final word on the topic unless you wish to talk more.

I'll be unwatching the thread, but not ignoring it as perhaps I'll be proven wrong and might come back to play it later if things change or the rest of the story is so good that it outweighs the issues here. And, again, I do sincerely wish you the best. (y)

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Usually those who play romance harem games do it because they like exactly that (emotional investment). That's not to say that some (I can't say how many) also appreciate other kinds of things, like sex with prostitutes, but I suspect they won't be the majority of romance harem fans.

On the other hand, I'm generally not interested in prostitutes or what they have to say. In fact, I prefer that the option to ignore them occurs before starting a conversation with them, since this way I save myself a whole dialogue that I have no intention of reading.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
TwinAxeGames - I was pleasantly surprised at how you chose to implement combat by creating semi-intelligent AI. Out of curiosity, will "boss" type enemies always use a smartness factor of 0.75? Or will this vary between them?

Final question (I promise!): Are you planning to add difficulty options at the start to allow players to choose how many points they start with for their attributes? For example, we could have a story mode where all attributes are set to 100, normal mode where all attributes are randomized between 10 - 20, and hardcore mode where all attributes start at 0.

Thicc Lord

Purveyor of Thicc
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2019
Keep it on topic, or thread bans will be handed out.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
I'm mostly interested in how the MC power will act. will he only be able to use it 1 time per fight or will he able to use it multiple times with training?

TwinAxeGames

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2024
TwinAxeGames - I was pleasantly surprised at how you chose to implement combat by creating semi-intelligent AI. Out of curiosity, will "boss" type enemies always use a smartness factor of 0.75? Or will this vary between them?

Final question (I promise!): Are you planning to add difficulty options at the start to allow players to choose how many points they start with for their attributes? For example, we could have a story mode where all attributes are set to 100, normal mode where all attributes are randomized between 10 - 20, and hardcore mode where all attributes start at 0.
It scales up to 1.0. Future bosses will be harder and have additional abilities to use against the MC

To your second question, no. Not right now. If we do something like that it would be for the final release.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
TwinAxeGames Great first release, loving the renders and the writing of Ajax. Maybe drop a link to his books for people interested in more harem fiction?

th3r1val

Dec 19, 2019
To clarify on the NTR situation. We have no plans to include NTR. As far as future tags: anal, pregnancy, threesomes, monster girl. I think that's everything.
man, absolutely AWESOME first experience with this game!!! just one request as per your comment: can the "anal" be by choice? I hate it when games force you to do sex acts that you in real life absolutely hate. please give the option to choose to not suffer through that

4.60 star(s) 19 Votes