CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I remember in an earlier version you could find a hole in the wall allowing you to skip having to pay to enter and exit Avedon with a change to find someone stuck in the wall is that still in 1.99.40? because I'm failing to find it if it is still in
I know the scene you are talking about, but I think it was removed quite a few updates ago.
I know you can bribe the guards in the watchtower, outside the gates, to let you into the sewer, but I haven't seen anything to indicate you can find that hole or make one yourself.

There may be some hidden way to restore that hole in the wall, but if there is I haven't found it yet. I haven't been through everything I can find in .40 but I have been through quite a bit.

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
1. It's two separate locations, but the health of the player and enemies simply transfer between them. For example:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Still working on how allies interact with Parlay. I may make some, like Bill, remove your ability to do so.

I'm currently working on magic as well, as some effects would linger into sexual combat.

3. Less hassle. There's a little block of text that has to go with enemy encounters, mostly to reset all of the combat variables, but to fight a Giant Snake I simply add in {type: "Giant Snake #", gender: "Futanari", health: 100, attack: 10} after the block, and it gives me a snake with 100 health, 10 attack and is a Futanari for the purposes of trying to lewd the PC.

I could specify every single enemy and their subtype or I could do this with relative ease.
something else you could do, in regards to the parlay system, is make a version specifically for animals if you have an animal-based class like hunter or - if it's ever a thing - druid. you could only parlay with animals if you have that class and it can only happen once a day to stop it from being abused, but it basically works like the original parlay system for humans.

EDIT: with a necromancer/lich class you could also make a version of parlay for undead, but again it would only work if you have that class equipped.

another thing; if you travel with a companion that's a bit too nice and honourable, if you parlay and then stab the enemy for the crit, the companion could get upset with you or just straight up refuse to fight with you for that fight. they could even leave your service and you['d have to find them again, so it becomes a risk versus reward; do you get a free crit at the chance of pissing off a companion, or do you forgo the opportunity to keep your companion on your side? something like that.

alternatively, if you have a companion that's very pragmatic and believes in trying to gain any advantage they can, they might be upset with you if you have a certain amounts of parlay in a row where you haven't stabbed the enemy. they could see you as too naïve to try and get victory any way you can, or something.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
1. something else you could do, in regards to the parlay system, is make a version specifically for animals if you have an animal-based class like hunter or - if it's ever a thing - druid. you could only parlay with animals if you have that class and it can only happen once a day to stop it from being abused, but it basically works like the original parlay system for humans.

2. EDIT: with a necromancer/lich class you could also make a version of parlay for undead, but again it would only work if you have that class equipped.

3. another thing; if you travel with a companion that's a bit too nice and honourable, if you parlay and then stab the enemy for the crit, the companion could get upset with you or just straight up refuse to fight with you for that fight. they could even leave your service and you['d have to find them again, so it becomes a risk versus reward; do you get a free crit at the chance of pissing off a companion, or do you forgo the opportunity to keep your companion on your side? something like that.

alternatively, if you have a companion that's very pragmatic and believes in trying to gain any advantage they can, they might be upset with you if you have a certain amounts of parlay in a row where you haven't stabbed the enemy. they could see you as too naïve to try and get victory any way you can, or something.
1. Depending on the enemy they would respond differently.

Aside from Charmane/Conquest, no boss enemies would really care as they want you dead for various reasons so they are instant fails.

There is a feat called "Pack Bitch" where the player submits to animals so Parlay with that feat might make it a 100% chance instead of the 20% it currently is.

Parlay is also only meant to work once per combat. If it succeeds then you either bribe your way out of combat with money, if the enemy cares for that, or through sex. If you attack then it goes back to regular combat and you lose the chance.

There are some enemies, like swarms of rats, that are not interested in either so the PC will still get attacked.

2. Parlay, realistically, takes a few moments to get your point across. Having Parlay with zombies would give a Necromancer enough time to cast Control Undead. Also the Necromancer is a leveling class so you eventually unlock "Corpse Walk" which lets you walk among undead unhindered.

3. Ally code is being difficult in general so the game may go a few updates without it. Magic is already kicking my ass and the spells are super basic.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Spellcraft is going well but as you see I've broken a whole bunch of other stuff.

Putting on the wizard hat obliterates the mana check.

Setting a minimum and maximum health that enemies could have broke as well.

Giving them a minimum and maximum damage, 1 to 5, has them do 5 every time.

Also I have a problem with the spells being single use, which would be awful if I made the player craft individual casts of spells that still need mana to cast.

It's progress though.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Allies in combat now work.

I guess I'll get the Dragon Isle intro finished and put out a demo. There's no sex at the moment, just me testing out different map mechanics and traversal methods.

Ten million health was just for testing.

Reactions: Vombatidi

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Unfortunatly there is a lot of bugs in the QSP version. I've been rather slack in patch 1.99.40, sorry about that. But at least that is a new bug that I wasn't aware of. I'll add it to the list of todo when I stop being a slouch.
you might want to add more stuff to the combat its really odd how the most effective way to fight in this game is to just have your pack of dogs do all the fighting for you while you just keep moving away from the enemy engagement range, the dog can hit to hundreds of damages if you just keep training in the Nobel square whenever you can with high leadership you basically just watch your dog packs rip through the enemies like paper for each fight , please add some kind of block function and speed stat should also add in dodge chance otherwise there are no incentive to fight at close range.

Last edited:

pasta

Oct 6, 2017
wonder will u change to use ai art for more consistence art style for characters
I hope not because AI art always looks awful and uncanny to me (not to mention the ethics behind it, as an artist), the few times it's used in the game so far it's been incredibly distracting. I'd much rather have a mishmash of different artstyles than a consistent lack of soul and weird melty details.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
1. Depending on the enemy they would respond differently.

Aside from Charmane/Conquest, no boss enemies would really care as they want you dead for various reasons so they are instant fails.

There is a feat called "Pack Bitch" where the player submits to animals so Parlay with that feat might make it a 100% chance instead of the 20% it currently is.

Parlay is also only meant to work once per combat. If it succeeds then you either bribe your way out of combat with money, if the enemy cares for that, or through sex. If you attack then it goes back to regular combat and you lose the chance.

There are some enemies, like swarms of rats, that are not interested in either so the PC will still get attacked.

2. Parlay, realistically, takes a few moments to get your point across. Having Parlay with zombies would give a Necromancer enough time to cast Control Undead. Also the Necromancer is a leveling class so you eventually unlock "Corpse Walk" which lets you walk among undead unhindered.

3. Ally code is being difficult in general so the game may go a few updates without it. Magic is already kicking my ass and the spells are super basic.
can you add in an initial roll of the distance of the player/group to the enemies when they first encounter, every battle had always been player starting right next to the enemies, group of 9 goblin or even zombies that have a bit of high speed than the player always pummels the players to the ground especially for range user that can't shoot at point blank with the light bow.

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
can you add in an initial roll of the distance of the player/group to the enemies when they first encounter, every battle had always been player starting right next to the enemies, group of 9 goblin or even zombies that have a bit of high speed than the player always pummels the players to the ground especially for range user that can't shoot at point blank with the light bow.
An attempt will be made but I can't promise anything. I'm running towards the end of my skill level and there's no other HTML projects with a similar combat system for me to steal learn from.

Even QSP didn't have anything similar to what I made, and the whole reason I made the mod that became Vicindio was because I was tired of losing fights against drunks with 10k health.

Aside from distance, what else could make combat suck less?

Mar 23, 2022
you might want to add more stuff to the combat its really odd how the most effective way to fight in this game is to just have your pack of dogs do all the fighting for you while you just keep moving away from the enemy engagement range, the dog can hit to hundreds of damages if you just keep training in the Nobel square whenever you can with high leadership you basically just watch your dog packs rip through the enemies like paper for each fight , please add some kind of block function and speed stat should also add in dodge chance otherwise there are no incentive to fight at close range.
Unfortunatly I doubt those could be added. The best I could do is patched the bugs and maybe put a cap on how much damage the dogs do. QSP isn't my wheelhouse (place of expertise), and from what I could learn of it there isn't a lot of functionality to it's code. Add in the fact that the two ways of learning QSP are breaking other QSP games apart or a wiki in russian, which I don't know how to read or speak, it limits how much you can learn. Then you have the way Snekk coded it and it makes it a lot more difficult. No offence Snekk, a lot of what you did I'd probably do too.

1. An attempt will be made but I can't promise anything. I'm running towards the end of my skill level and there's no other HTML projects with a similar combat system for me to steal learn from.

2. Even QSP didn't have anything similar to what I made, and the whole reason I made the mod that became Vicindio was because I was tired of losing fights against drunks with 10k health.
1a. Yeah, that's pretty much how I've learnt QSP. Something I dislike about reading code is when it's all one line. It works, it just hurts my head/eyes reading it.

1b. Are you just using Sugarcube commands? Twine allows Javascript if I'm not mistaken.

2. It was unique, your twine version will also be a unique one. Making something different will always be a pain when coding. The less like something it is the harder it becomes, that doesn't mean it's impossible.

hellfire8100

Aug 26, 2017
An attempt will be made but I can't promise anything. I'm running towards the end of my skill level and there's no other HTML projects with a similar combat system for me to steal learn from.

Even QSP didn't have anything similar to what I made, and the whole reason I made the mod that became Vicindio was because I was tired of losing fights against drunks with 10k health.

Aside from distance, what else could make combat suck less?
Although its not as similar as the QSP version, have a look at "Degrees Of Lewdity" and how they handle "combat" you might be able to repurpose some of their code.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Unfortunatly I doubt those could be added. The best I could do is patched the bugs and maybe put a cap on how much damage the dogs do. QSP isn't my wheelhouse (place of expertise), and from what I could learn of it there isn't a lot of functionality to it's code. Add in the fact that the two ways of learning QSP are breaking other QSP games apart or a wiki in russian, which I don't know how to read or speak, it limits how much you can learn. Then you have the way Snekk coded it and it makes it a lot more difficult. No offence Snekk, a lot of what you did I'd probably do too.

1a. Yeah, that's pretty much how I've learnt QSP. Something I dislike about reading code is when it's all one line. It works, it just hurts my head/eyes reading it.

1b. Are you just using Sugarcube commands? Twine allows Javascript if I'm not mistaken.

2. It was unique, your twine version will also be a unique one. Making something different will always be a pain when coding. The less like something it is the harder it becomes, that doesn't mean it's impossible.
Most of combat is handled in javascript because the dozens of if/then statements I used in QSP caused issues when they conflicted.

I'm using a lot of functions instead which is probably worse, but it works for now.

Although its not as similar as the QSP version, have a look at "Degrees Of Lewdity" and how they handle "combat" you might be able to repurpose some of their code.
It has very specific use cases for every single thing it does which doesn't do with how vague I keep everything.

It is very well done and I'm looking at their sex system as a fix to the random images that I'm using, but I'd obviously want to make my own art for it instead of just blatantly stealing theirs.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Working on combat some more.

Healing works as an ally combat ability.

Main problem is that healing for percentages of the player's health sometimes gives decimal points so I'm just setting the delay to a larger number before it can be used again.

Bede's ability is called Revive, she picks you up if you go down every 10 turns. Basket shares this ability when you team up with her.
The Kitsune Spirit just has Heal which you have to ask for, ending your turn but not hers.

Gobriella/Goblin Wife's ability is released after some quests and her power is boosted if First exists.

This leaves the following allies with no real abilities. What should they be, if any?

Annette the succubus
Bill the incubus
Doktor the terrorist Plague Doctor
Prince/Princess Bornhorst the knight
Unnamed Centaur Daughter(You name her) the archer
Tonya the zombie

hellfire8100

Aug 26, 2017
Working on combat some more.

Healing works as an ally combat ability.

Main problem is that healing for percentages of the player's health sometimes gives decimal points so I'm just setting the delay to a larger number before it can be used again.

Bede's ability is called Revive, she picks you up if you go down every 10 turns. Basket shares this ability when you team up with her.
The Kitsune Spirit just has Heal which you have to ask for, ending your turn but not hers.

Gobriella/Goblin Wife's ability is released after some quests and her power is boosted if First exists.

This leaves the following allies with no real abilities. What should they be, if any?

Annette the succubus
Bill the incubus
Tonya the zombie
Annette/Bill - Reduces Lust (if still used in combat), or increases enemy lust,
Doktor - inflicting a poision effect on enemies
Bornhorst - Shouder charge/sheild bash causing a stun
Centaur archer - Either a barrage of arrows or an ability to quickly flee from combat
Tonya- i have no ideas

As for the decimal issue, look for a rounding clause to either round up or down to the whole number. Not sure how the code would show, may be worth asking other twine coders for their input.

Reactions: Unimportant321

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Weird question, why would using Math.round() cause issues?
11 divided by half is around 5 or 6.

Not sure how I'm messing up but I have to be proud of how creative it is. If it didn't land on 0 sometimes I would keep it and just let it spout off random numbers.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
I do also need to add an option to disable that content entirely for those who don't want it.

I'm also working on getting better art.
It may not be to everybodies taste, but I've been working steadily on art for several of the characters for a while now. Persistent and such. Hoping to polish a fair few of them off along with the writing tweaks in the future.

Primarily the gobs, Percy, Satty, a bit of Bess, Meat, Unlucky and human Protagonist. Oh, and Loksi, but she's a ways off from joining in right now anyway, haha.

It's been tricky due to the loss of my PC, but I'm working on making a way to speed up the process in general. Cautiously optimistic.

Annette the succubus - Distraction, lust, but don't forget magic. She's an accomplished mage, so things should also go boom. If combat lust damage is a thing, maybe have the option to focus on it. If the PC has accepted 'working' with her, maybe she has a special ability that if the PC goes lust seduction, she pairs with them, adding to the effect. (Gobriella may do this to if the PC is actively learning 'Goblin Magic')

Bill the incubus - Bill is a big, low tech bruiser. Smash. If you want to get fancy, maybe a hidden rage mechanic where he can go wild, but his choice of targets also include the PC due to the beserk factor. A nod to the story beats you've written. Maybe you can cure him of this to a degree to make it a controlled rage, keeping the benefits. Also a big 'ol whack with stun (and cooldown so it's not spammed) could work.

Doktor the terrorist Plague Doctor - Name kind of sets it in place. Dots for days. Maybe some special toxin attacks that debuff. Also ew.

Prince/Princess Bornhorst the knight - Roll with the holy warrior schtick. We've got evil, may as well have good. Smites, shield bashes, chance to absorb a hit intended for you.

Unnamed Centaur Daughter(You name her) the archer - Kind of what it says on the tin. If movement in battle is a thing, that could be a big factor. Otherwise, maybe as others have said, a flurry of arrows style. High mobility, so she'd be hard to hit if she' s zipping around in the back lines.

Perhaps something like strike support - when you attack, she tends to follow up with an arrow for extra damage. Not as powerful as her own base attack or special abilities, but damage is damage.

If you want to go super silly at some point, maybe the ability to mount her (not like *that*, not here anyway), so long as the PC is using a spear or melee weapon with some heft, working as a melee combo. But that's kind of the opposite of an archer, soooo.

Tonya the zombie - Hm. Apologies to Tonya, but I never really saw her as a fully fleshed out companion. We haven't seen any martial or magical abilities from her so far in the story, so the best I can think of is tanking hits and a stupidly high recovery, meaning she can pick herself up after being downed in combat again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unimportant321

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Speaking of art, after chatting with Snekk, I've been inspired for a lewd bit of art with various gobs in an impromptu orgy in the caves. Anybody have any styles of hair or appearance they dig for our trusty shortstacks, regarding requests? I can't guarantee I'll *ahem* nail it 100%, but it can't hurt to try.

Setting is gob on gob action centered around the Unlucky protagonist. Characters may or may not show up again in the story as background characters.

I'll check this board for a day or two before deciding on designs. Ciao!

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Annette/Bill - Reduces Lust (if still used in combat), or increases enemy lust,
Doktor - inflicting a poision effect on enemies
Bornhorst - Shouder charge/sheild bash causing a stun
Centaur archer - Either a barrage of arrows or an ability to quickly flee from combat
Tonya- i have no ideas

As for the decimal issue, look for a rounding clause to either round up or down to the whole number. Not sure how the code would show, may be worth asking other twine coders for their input.
Tonya= random chance she uses her body shield mc from taking damage, due to her being undead she got self healing

Mar 23, 2022
Annette the succubus
Bill the incubus
Tonya the zombie
For Annette and Bill it would probably have to do with whether you prefer leaning into their demonic nature or their non-demonic nature.

Demon focused

Annette the Succubus: You'd probably want to make it so that she can cause "lust" damage to enemies. This could include an aura (that is her ability) that causes stamina/lust damage to enemies, maybe limiting it to humaniod/sentient creatures. You could also have her use spells like succubus kiss. An ability that when used drains stamina and converts it to a weak heal, for her or the player if she has no health. And you could also make it so that if given the chance to engage in sexual escapades it'll always accept.

Bill the Incubus: If I'm not mistaken incubus were going to be able to transform animals. If that's still a thing then maybe have it so that instead of Bill doing what Annette does with humanoid/sentient creatures but make it so he does the same thing but to animals instead. You could also make it so No sexual acts can happen when Bill is there instead, because Bill is a prude against forced sexual encounters. Also having him could mean the player is a lot harder to be kidnap and can't kidnap or rape anyone, sex during parley would also be out. For some reason I feel like that would be seen as a negative by some people so maybe have it so he can slightly increase the players strenght or something.

Non-demon focused

Annete the Witch: You could make it so that she could use her magic to buff the players spells or do something basic and just have her fire fireball. So buffing the players spell would do one of two things, if you're feeling up to it, you could make it so the spells do two effects. For example fireball could also use thunderstep. OR you could have it so that the player uses less mana when casting spells because they are taking it from Annette, something wizards will ignore. Or finally you could have her just boost the damage by a percentage.

Bill the Farmer: You could use his rather large size to have him be able to pin (stun permantly) one enemy and himself. Basically removing both until either the player wins, Bill lets go or the enemy struggles out. Basically hugging them till they are defeted. Honestly kind of lame but meh, I didn't really think of much.

Now onto not those two.

Doktor: We've not seen her, I can't really give a good idea on her abilites. But maybe something along the lines of temporarly applying buffs. Like better movement speed, more strenght bleed, etc.. Those would last for a turn when applied. Also for balancing reasons you could make it so some buffs are useless. My thought here was she'd apply a random concoction that changes you temporarily to test the effects of her experiments.

Bornhorst the Leader: Ah, here's an interesting one. She's/He's a strong leader (or at least I think she/he is). This could mean they could rally the player to fight harder. Meaning a few ideas pop into my head. One could be temp health (yay temp health problems). Next idea could be to boost the players armour. Meaning the player takes less damage, of course only for the fight. Finally make it so the player deals more damage. Basically fight a fight longer and harder idea.

Bornhorst the Knight: If you're planning to make them a knight then have them take damage for the player if they have health. If they don't then just reduce the players damage taken. having it as an ability makes it so that they player can't spam "block me" so they can't take damage and has a much larger health pool then they should. Or don't I'm cool either way if you use this idea.

Unnamed Centaur Daughter: Use her like a horse. Whether that's to run away from combat/create distance easily or charging into them. You could also have it so that she fires status element arrows, fire, water, electricity , poison, just to name a few. I've actually got little knowledge of her personality to really base a good idea off of.

Tonya the zombie: Wasn't she an accountant or someone who worked in the place that dealt with making laws? I can just imagine her shouting "OBJECTION" Ace Attorney style and a large onomatopoeia blast of it happening. That would be funny but I don't think it should exist. Maybe because she's unique zombie have her able to spew a toxic cloud. Zombies are toxic right? No clue I I only posted this one because I found the objection one so dumb it had to be shared.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes