Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hey folks! Semi spicy question just to lob out here:

What style, look, vibe, or even race of a NPC does it for you? Or to attack it from another angle, what would you like to see, or more of, if it were at all possible? Is there a character in comics, cartoons, animation, or fiction that you have a particular bit of affinity with?

This game in particular has a pretty broad swath of types, ranging from traditional waifu, a few furry or scalie types, feminine presenting males, futa, monsters, and of course shortstacks, and even one or two husbandos, at it's hardly done yet. Now that there's a bit of a pause as the format and story is being tweaked, it's a pretty great time to take stock, right?

I'll give an example:

A character I've always dug is Red Sonja with the combination of the tried and true chainmail bikini. Of course it's ridiculous, covers next to nothing, and likely pinches in all sorts of horrid ways, but that's hardly the point. The combination of athletic, flawed heroics, and depending on the writing, free spirited and lewd checks a lot of the right boxes for me.

A good runner up is catgirls. Or bois. Or whatever. I've always had a soft spot for animal mascot types, especially if they are sort of goofy or eccentric. Some examples from anime would be Nuku Nuku, Aisa Clan Clan from Outlaw Star, Yoruchi from Bleach, and the Puma sisters from Tank Police. From fighting games, a solid take is Felicia.

Personality wise, I will always be fond of plucky idiots and comedy relief. Or reoccurring 'villains' or rivals (Team Rocket Blasting Off Again), especially if they keep bouncing back for further encounters. Respect the hustle.

That said, there's always room for the strong and silent types, or the 'gap moe' - they look like a stoic badass, but are completely undone by expressions of affection.

Reactions: PsyTurtle

gibson1014

Mar 28, 2024
Is there a guide of sorts to follow along with? Because I'm starting to feel mighty dumb on what do do next on some quests.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
how do i equip spells?

Even in the tutorial, the firebolt spell does not show up
I believe that you have to go to your footlocker, where you can manage your equipment and there should be a link for spells. You should be able to equip and unequip any spells you have learned there. I haven't played the game for a bit, so it might have changed since the last time I played.
Is there a guide of sorts to follow along with? Because I'm starting to feel mighty dumb on what do do next on some quests.
Don't feel bad about it, I am pretty sure that most everyone was lost when they first jumped into this game, myself included.
If you go into your ledger, there is a cheat mode section that actually has some hints and tips for various quests. I don't think it covers everything, but it can help point you in the right direction. I haven't played the game in a few updates, so things might have changed, but I am pretty sure that cheat area has hints on quests.

What quests are you having problems with? Post the quests you are stuck on and someone here will likely know and be able to point you in the right direction.

Reactions: Throw_AwayPower
Mar 23, 2022
I believe that you have to go to your footlocker, where you can manage your equipment and there should be a link for spells. You should be able to equip and unequip any spells you have learned there. I haven't played the game for a bit, so it might have changed since the last time I played.
You're forgetting the need to have spell slots available. Which is increased by raising your Knowledge I believe. But apart from that you nailed it. Also firball is a spell locked behind being a wizard or witch with the magic hat if I'm not mistaken. Deaths kiss is also a spell with special unlock requirments. Every other spell should be found there after learning them like normal. Except necromancy spells, those were blocked/removed and are unavailable. If I'm wrong it's because it's been a while since I played it myself.

Reactions: CaptainBipto

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
You're forgetting the need to have spell slots available. Which is increased by raising your Knowledge I believe. But apart from that you nailed it. Also fireball is a spell locked behind being a wizard or witch with the magic hat if I'm not mistaken. Deaths kiss is also a spell with special unlock requirements. Every other spell should be found there after learning them like normal. Except necromancy spells, those were blocked/removed and are unavailable. If I'm wrong it's because it's been a while since I played it myself.
You're right, I did forget about needing spell slots. It is why I usually mention that I haven't played in a while or stating 'I think' or 'I believe' when I am trying to help out and answer questions for folks just getting into the game.
I thought Firebolt and Fireball were different spells, with firebolt being the, starter, newbie spell and Fireball being the advanced spells. It could be a wizard class thing though, I never really tried the other classes, just played as a wizard every time 'cuz 'spells are cool'.

It has been a while since I have played (1.99.2something), I need to snag a copy of the latest version and throw down on some Team Human Boys Wizard play. Goblin slut, best slut!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Throw_AwayPower
Mar 23, 2022
You're right, I did forget about needing spell slots. It is why I usually mention that I haven't played in a while or stating 'I think' or 'I believe' when I am trying to help out and answer questions for folks just getting into the game.
I thought Firebolt and Fireball were different spells, with firebolt being the, starter, newbie spell and Fireball being the advanced spells. It could be a wizard class thing though, I never really tried the other classes, just played as a wizard every time 'cuz 'spells are cool'.

It has been a while since I have played (1.99.2something), I need to snag a copy of the latest version and throw down on some Team Human Boys Wizard play. Goblin slut, best slut!
I misread the persons comment as fireball not firebolt, a silly mistake of me. But yes they are different, firebolt is the starting wizard spell. It can be unlocked by anyone by reading a spell book. Fireball is wizard and witch only. I did actually check that code incase I was wrong, which you were right about lol.

Reactions: CaptainBipto

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Either way, if possible we should probably ease an 'apprentice' tier spell (elemental bolt and such) or spell access into the general introduction events of the game, not only to make it an option, but to establish to a player, new or old, that spells are indeed an option.

Bits of the story are being restructured to make sense anyway, along with the new U.I.

Any other things seem kind of tricky / confusing / obtuse ?

kiba945

Apr 20, 2018
Hello! Sorry but it's been a while and I forgot where Loksi is supposed to be! I went back to the ruins but I couldn't find her there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jade6969

Jan 5, 2022
hey, I might just be dumb, but I can't find where to accept the combat rape option. I've spent like 2 hours now looking through every possible option in the arena and I just don't know where it is. talking to the gamemaster doesn't give me the option, it doesn't give me the option when starting a match, I just don't know where to find it. any/all help is appreciated

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
hey, I might just be dumb, but I can't find where to accept the combat rape option. I've spent like 2 hours now looking through every possible option in the arena and I just don't know where it is. talking to the gamemaster doesn't give me the option, it doesn't give me the option when starting a match, I just don't know where to find it. any/all help is appreciated
Check your ledger. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that there is a setting in the ledger to allow you to engage in sex in the Arena, you may need to allow sex with animals as well.

I can't remember for certain, but I think there are only a few scenes for the Arena; wolves, werewolves, and maybe goblins. Hopefully someone else can verify for you OR you can just try it out yourself by losing a few different fights.

Reactions: Vombatidi

Jade6969

Jan 5, 2022
Check your ledger. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that there is a setting in the ledger to allow you to engage in sex in the Arena, you may need to allow sex with animals as well.

I can't remember for certain, but I think there are only a few scenes for the Arena; wolves, werewolves, and maybe goblins. Hopefully someone else can verify for you OR you can just try it out yourself by losing a few different fights.
that was it. I really am just dumb lmao. ty for the help!

Someflares

Sep 30, 2021
I'm stuck in a tutorial. I can't find the firebolt spell and it's not because I didn't try. I see spell slots but I don’t see either the book or the spell itself in the lists. Maybe I'm stupid? Maybe there are not enough statistics for a magician. OK. I scored 5 points in *knowledge*. Success! Now I can cast healing, but it didn't take me one step closer to completing the tutorial.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I'm stuck in a tutorial. I can't find the firebolt spell and it's not because I didn't try. I see spell slots but I don’t see either the book or the spell itself in the lists. Maybe I'm stupid? Maybe there are not enough statistics for a magician. OK. I scored 5 points in *knowledge*. Success! Now I can cast healing, but it didn't take me one step closer to completing the tutorial.
You have to actually 'equip' it. Like starting as the chosen one farmer start you end up in the office to change clothes, you can equip it then. It's usually chests.

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I am making slow but steady progress.

The intro is mostly done, still working on combat as I'm trying to make lewd combat a thing you can do at default.

I've not been idle, some things just are not working how I want them to.

Here's some pictures from what I've been doing.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
I got to say I enjoy how much more information the is in those screenshots when it comes to knowing what to do and what one's actions might do.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes