sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
At the very least, for his fan's sake, we have a right to closure. He could hand over the assets, story and codebase to any decent developer who could do justice to the project. He could earn a decent sum out of it and so long his name is credited, the game lives on, his fan base still cheers for the characters and a honest dev wouldn't have to start from scratch. I don't see the problem here.

For his real life though, we wish him all the luck and love.

P.S -- I've been playing this game since its inception and had personal interactions with KK, so just putting my thoughts on this recent development.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Ah well. This was one of the first games I really enjoyed and I was excited that it came back, but closure can be good too. I hope that he's healthy and happy and enjoys life. I'll unbookmark the game for the first time since I started playing it I guess.

Reactions: shamtiiomi

Gia_Z

Aug 23, 2024
Joining to the comment above - it was a great story, which is why there is so many angry people now. And yeah, i don't see any problem with selling game rights either, but author has chosen to be "El perro del hortelano", which is, again, sad.

saltynip

Oct 16, 2020
This is a pirate site and people are entitled to their opinions, even if you don't agree with them bro!
Then I guess he's entitled to say " What a bunch of clowns in this thread " ? Did he say anything about how you should not express your opinions?

AmitavaNathan

Feb 6, 2022
As expected!! I often think that how Kaffe end the story? I was intrigued to see the narrative arc to reach it climax. I myself a writer and as much I like the story, I couldn't understand, how it will going to end. The useless characters to populate the story world without any purpose, the absurd subplots no way related to main plot and last, but not the least, the fantasy element without properly develop the origin and magic rules. All these made impossible to carry on this story. It's impossible to end this story with satisfying end to all this characters. I'm hurt, but it's inevitable.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
At the very least, for his fan's sake, we have a right to closure. He could hand over the assets, story and codebase to any decent developer who could do justice to the project.
The problem is that it often doesn't really work out as intended by the original dev.

In that case, the fans don't get "closure", they get a mangled version of what might have been.

Especially with a story like this one, which is quite complex, with several twists, turns and options.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
What I do find kind of funny (and sad) is that some devs can milk their patrons / subscribers for years withour releasing new content, while nobody really seems to care about it. Milfy City still has 3,582 paid members!!!!

But this dev comes forward in a honest manner and says he'll quit development for (in my opinion understandable) personal reasons and then gets flamed for that.

Reactions: Agrik

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
As I mentioned before, I hope this game gets pirated and completed by a loyal fan(s). Games that I thought long dead are being resurrected, and in some cases better written and produced than the original.

Reactions: KROM95

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
i think his reasoning is valid ,i would never give up any of mu creations[yean sounded like franky there] but ...after so many years of luring around and dont updated anything til last update i wish he have more delicacy and give us at least some closure ,notthi isnt a proper one,...we finally got an update and was a weird one with so much mess in the paths,....to some extent i try to figured out why he will not some other try to make the nest of it but again is hard for someone give away your hard work but if he receives some payment for it why to shut down like at all the possibility to his fans to really enjoy some of it.....
is half and half for me i love his works not his ethics ,but what we can give away for love......

4.10 star(s) 67 Votes