herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
This is a fairly major let down. I have been playing this game since it was first posted here on F95. To find that the author is so unprofessional as to not only stop working on the game, but to also not allow anyone to pick up the project is just a Betrayal. He is betraying the people that have given time and money to see him supported enough to finish this project. And his responce is to throw it down and strangle its development so that any and all of his fans are left disappointed.

Now, as for his reasons. I am happy that he has found love.

So, Congrats on your newfound love, but Fuck You for Betraying your supporters, Fans and Customers!

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
News 15/09-2024

New
Just now

Heya

This will be my last news and it is not the news you want.

Much has happened in my life since the last update and not much of it has been good. It has been a draining time to say the least, but it has recently done a 180 turn, much to my pleasure, with me meeting someone who has become very important to me.

That being said, it also meant that I had a choice to make about this project and my new life. But was there ever really a choice, when love comes knocking? I don't think so.

As you might have already guessed by now, I am shutting down production of Sins of the Father, for good. I am not giving my story away nor any of my character creations, so there is no need to ask for it. I understand the disappointment and some part of me is disappointed as well, but sometimes life presents you with two roads to chose from and I have chosen to go down the road that does not include Sins of the Father.

Lastly I want to thank everyone for playing my project and for being enthusiastic about it through those many years of troubled development.

I wish all of you the best that life can give you.

Signing off - Kaffekop

Looks like its time to make this abandoned permanently
Let's not say Au Revoir, but let us say Hors D'oeuvre you big poopy pants

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
News 15/09-2024

New
Just now

Heya

This will be my last news and it is not the news you want.

Much has happened in my life since the last update and not much of it has been good. It has been a draining time to say the least, but it has recently done a 180 turn, much to my pleasure, with me meeting someone who has become very important to me.

That being said, it also meant that I had a choice to make about this project and my new life. But was there ever really a choice, when love comes knocking? I don't think so.

As you might have already guessed by now, I am shutting down production of Sins of the Father, for good. I am not giving my story away nor any of my character creations, so there is no need to ask for it. I understand the disappointment and some part of me is disappointed as well, but sometimes life presents you with two roads to chose from and I have chosen to go down the road that does not include Sins of the Father.

Lastly I want to thank everyone for playing my project and for being enthusiastic about it through those many years of troubled development.

I wish all of you the best that life can give you.

Signing off - Kaffekop

Looks like its time to make this abandoned permanently
Good luck in your newfound happiness KK! :love:

And thanks for the ride!

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
Someone feels betrayed is also right some of us are disappointed but do not feel betrayed, and this arouses wonderment in those who consider such Kaffekop.
Those who have watched and traveled since the inception of Sins of the father know well the vicissitudes and dramas of Kaffekop. I have followed TSOTF from the beginning and like me so many have found in Kaffekop not only the author but the friend who discussed and talked with us about his life.
He always made it clear what the situation of TSOTF was and when in spite of his health did not allow him he like us wished for a speedy recovery and resumption of TSOTF. Take a look at the first 100 pages of this thread and you will understand what I am saying. I regret in no small measure the final departure but I do not feel betrayed. If any of you have had the misfortune of running into people like Aorta or Lemonkey or others who took money by exploiting people who had given them confidence, are right to feel frustrated and betrayed
I am extremely disappointed as well but understand

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Betrayed? Really? For what? Definitely not about the money. The game had a "pay per update". Meaning there wasn't even a single Patreon payment for years now, only the latest one.
And also please stop dreaming about "someone" would continue the game developement. We had that nonsense talk already on many other abandoned game threads. That never really worked out. Either it got abandoned pretty soon, too. Or was a really bad continuation from a not skilled "dev". And actually almost ruined the game name doing that.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Disappointed, but there is no reason to feel "betrayed". This game has been payment per-update for the longest time. So you're betrayed for... what? A game that has been on the edge of abandonment for years finally being abandoned?

Anyone who has paid attention over these past few years knew this was inevitable, even if they were hopeful. I was surprised this got an update again in the first place. Eventually you have to let go and move on.

AlterdStates7

Feb 18, 2020
Disappointed, but there is no reason to feel "betrayed". This game has been payment per-update for the longest time. So you're betrayed for... what? A game that has been on the edge of abandonment for years finally being abandoned?

Anyone who has paid attention over these past few years knew this was inevitable, even if they were hopeful. I was surprised this got an update again in the first place. Eventually you have to let go and move on.
Yeah, maybe I'm just getting old and (more) cynical but this comes across as an excuse for a dev who had one foot out the door already. Or in this case one foot in the door considering the how long it was abandoned. It must have been pretty daunting stepping back into this after years away, without going into full remake mode. No reasonable person is going to get mad at him for falling in love or exploring a new relationship. It does seem a bit strange to frame it as an either/or proposition though.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Well, that's a pity for us fans.

However, I think it is good news for Kaffekop and all of us who have been following this game a bit longer, know he has had to deal with enough shit and that it was time for him to have something good in his life.

All the best Kaffekop!

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
We're all to assume that what the dev has been saying for years (mainly through proxies) is correct, and not surprised at the sheeple responses. Remember when his daughter responded to her father's incest fans, and how wrong some felt that fucked-up situation was?

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
We're all to assume that what the dev has been saying for years (mainly through proxies) is correct, and not surprised at the sheeple responses. Remember when his daughter responded to her father's incest fans, and how wrong some felt that fucked-up situation was?
So? All that we have is what the other person is saying. That didn't change. We don't have any proof about anything, and that is exactly the same for all the other devs on Patreon, SS or wherever.

The only proof we have is work that is being released. For the rest we have to trust them.

I have come to know Kaffekop (exclusively through public posts on this forum) as a nice and decent guy. Whether anything he wrote over the years was true, we have no way of knowing, but my gut feeling is that he has been truthful. Which probably means he's truthful now as well.

Further, in his defense, he clearly says that it's over. He could also have said nothing and milked his supporters for years, as quite a few other devs have done.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Please thank all the ones that gave you money, based on false hope and promises! Yes, I've given him money in the past.
Cool, it won't be the last game abandoned and it won't be the last game/time you think you "wasted" money on false hope and promises.

Reactions: Yngling

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
I hope he's gone forever, jeez, what a drama queen. Got his dick wet for the first time in many years and he's throwing it in our faces and not only that but threatening us with abandoning his severely outdated game which by the way we all knew very well wasn't going to get any updates ever again. Fuck this guy.

Reactions: hawk784563
4.10 star(s) 67 Votes