DegenDesu

Sep 13, 2019
Quick question:
-Are the devs able to give some sort of a "tentative date/month" release after each progress tracker publishing?

Something along the lines of "oh we finished working on this section so far over the past few months, with the rate it is going, we might be able to release this update on x month at x year."? Something for the supporters and players to look forward to; kind of like a "goal post", perhaps?

Not really privy into this project too much so I'm not aware if the devs ever mentioned some sort of tentative release dates in the past, particularly with this current update, and back reading a few pages only ever really yields the same patterns of posts over and over, it's like the whole thread itself is stuck in a time-loop just with slightly different and/or recurring characters (posters) each time per "progress chart" postings, it's quite uncanny actually.

If the devs failed to mention any tentative release dates... I kind of feel bad for the people who are paying them; at this point it might be more prudent to be honest upfront that they are delaying the project update releases as much as possible because this is the only source of income they have to survive and support their family and themselves... then again, I don't know the full story, so it's all speculation based on what I have observed so far.

--

On a hilarious note, at the rate this is going, it would be seriously funny if they continue this "time-loop" operation until their children finishes college, and then once their children are working, they can finally release the update and finish the game and its whole story ahahaha :WeSmart: :KEK:

:HideThePain:

Last edited:

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Quick question:
-Are the devs able to give some sort of a "tentative date/month" release after each progress tracker publishing?

Something along the lines of "oh we finished working on this section so far over the past few months, with the rate it is going, we might be able to release this update on x month at x year."? Something for the supporters and players to look forward to; kind of like a "goal post", perhaps?

Not really privy into this project too much so I'm not aware if the devs ever mentioned some sort of tentative release dates, particularly with this current update, and back reading a few pages only ever really yields the same patterns of posts over and over, it's like the whole thread itself is stuck in a time-loop just with different characters (posters) each time per "progress chart" postings, it's quite uncanny actually.

If the devs failed to mention any tentative release dates... I kind of feel bad for the people who are paying them; at this point it might be more prudent to be honest upfront that they are delaying the project update releases as much as possible because this is the only source of income they have to survive and support their family and themselves... then again, I don't know the full story, so it's all speculation based on what I have observed so far.

--

On a hilarious note, at the rate this is going, it would be seriously funny if they continue this "time-loop" operation until their children finishes college, and then once their children are working, they can finally release the update and finish the game and its whole story ahahaha :WeSmart: :KEK:

:HideThePain:
Something like a release date never happened before (based on the info available in the FAQ of the original post and the word of a moderator of their Discord server), but apparently they will "probably" give an estimate for the release in a week or so.

T3X

Jan 10, 2018
Something like a release date never happened before (based on the info available in the FAQ of the original post and the word of a moderator of their Discord server), but apparently they will "probably" give an estimate for the release in a week or so.
They were modeling and posing their release date but it wasn't epic enough and some bugs popped up.

MiniBlue

Jun 3, 2020
I'm starting to think the name of this game is actually MagicNuts and the Dev name is What A Legend.

As you all know, the MC's nut can cure shit like when he cum on her eye (it's been so long I forgot her name "the beggar lady"), so his nut is pretty much magical, calling it magic nut is quite suitable.

On the other hand, the Dev been milking the shit out of these guys for 2 years straight and some of them are still trying to defend them are just legendary. I don't know how they manage to pull this off but man..... What A Legend!

DegenDesu

Sep 13, 2019
Yeah, see there's kinda this issue with the goal posts...

...Someone keeps moving them! :eek:
Agreed that is the problem with those.

Though I actually find it much more "reassuring" if there is a sort of "goalpost" in terms of release dates, this gives the audience "assured expectations" rather than uncertainty.

At the same time, it provides the developers/creators who are announcing the goalpost some form of responsibility/accountability and a duty to deliver at that date, and to motivate themselves to actually finish and deliver at the time-frame they announced.

I can also take advantage of the fact that, if they are in the habit of moving the goalposts forward over and over, for years, even, then I can use that as a sort of "litmus test" for me to determine that that creator/developer is not being honest about their work, something else is happening beneath the surface, or as a form of determining factor that tells me that such creator/developer is incapable of delivering at all, which will affect whether or not the creator/developer deserves my support, monetary or otherwise.

It's more or less a reputation thing for me. :KEK:

Reactions: Finuee

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
Agreed that is the problem with those.

Though I actually find it much more "reassuring" if there is a sort of "goalpost" in terms of release dates, this gives the audience "assured expectations" rather than uncertainty.

At the same time, it provides the developers/creators who are announcing the goalpost some form of responsibility/accountability and a duty to deliver at that date, and to motivate themselves to actually finish and deliver at the time-frame they announced.

I can also take advantage of the fact that, if they are in the habit of moving the goalposts forward over and over, for years, even, then I can use that as a sort of "litmus test" for me to determine that that creator/developer is not being honest about their work, something else is happening beneath the surface, or as a form of determining factor that tells me that such creator/developer is incapable of delivering at all, which will affect whether or not the creator/developer deserves my support, monetary or otherwise.

It's more or less a reputation thing for me. :KEK:
Well actually, just over a week ago (Sep 14) the devs said they'd probably give an estimated release date in a couple of weeks. So roughly a week from now they might have an idea as to when they will release the update.

Giving arbitrary dates for when an arbitrary release date may be set is kinda dragging it out, but then, what's new? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DegenDesu

Sep 13, 2019
Well actually, just over a week ago (Sep 14) the devs said they'd probably give an estimated release date in a couple of weeks. So roughly a week from now they might have an idea as to when they will release the update.

Giving arbitrary dates for when an arbitrary release date may be set is kinda dragging it out, but then, what's new? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see. Looking forward to what will happen once that date is announced and come to pass: will the goalpost be moved, or will it finally be THE release (after about 2 years)?

No spoilers pls :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

It's all quite entertaining at the very least. Then again I can say this because I'm not really paying them... I could only imagine the frustration of those who do, however... or maybe they are not frustrated? Don't know.

Reactions: shazba jnr

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
I see. Looking forward to what will happen once that date is announced and come to pass: will the goalpost be moved, or will it finally be THE release (after about 2 years)?

No spoilers pls :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

It's all quite entertaining at the very least. Then again I can say this because I'm not really paying them... I could only imagine the frustration of those who do, however... or maybe they are not frustrated? Don't know.
The ironic thing is, people who subscribe to these and other Patreon projects have a lesser sense of entitlement than the pirates who pay fuck all. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Finuee
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes