VN Ren'Py The Moorcock Incident [Dev Thread] - Big Titty Snobbish Girl Slow Corruption

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

lfgals1

Sep 7, 2022
I have thought about this possibility - after all, our heroine is on a ship full of serious, traditional, respectable scientists and military officers, who in my story are stuck in Popsicle mode, but could be thawed out. It could be possible to revive a few and then have them also as potential "donors".

My issue with this is that having some of the UEF male crew awake will suddenly take the situation out of the hands of Juliette. They will have command, they will have the responsibility. And that lessens the reasons for her to drive herself to such perverse lows. But having said that, I'm now thinking of how the plot ideas I already have could be modified... I will have to think about it some more.

But thanks for the input :love:

Okay a thought that requires less change. The miners are still a rough bunch, but ultimately also decent. They think Juli's hot and they are pervy, but they try to downplay it because "let's not freak out the only woman we've seen in years guys."

She of course needs them to be horndogs to fill test tubes. But she also doesn't want them to know she is actively trying to make them act horny out of a mix of fear and shame.

This sets her up to be able to interact with them, gives them a reason to not jump all over both her and the glory hole, keeps the spark of high class girl/skeevy guy alive, and creates the opportunity for her to use underhanded subterfuge to get them horny.

TirGerm

Apr 27, 2019
Okay, I joked before to KingsRaiden that he was reading from my notes... but this is just uncanny.

I actually went back through this thread to re-read my previous posts to check how much I had previously revealed. (and for the record, I had not mentioned many of the things that you speculated on are uncomfortably close to my plans!)

Is it possible that my top-secret corruption plot ideas are just basic extrapolation? :HideThePain: <- me hiding the pain
Well, glad to see we are both on the same wavelength, though your own synopsis did help out. But yeah, most of what I added there was the tongue-in-cheek name of the resource that drives the plot. With a touch of survival desparation.

You gotta have a driving force to push the characters to action. And since, if I remember right, this is one of your first games from scratch you would be forgiven for simple premise :4Head:

Just look at the game in my signature. That's a slow burn corrupter, but the driving force is rent money

• Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Okay, I joked before to KingsRaiden that he was reading from my notes... but this is just uncanny.

I actually went back through this thread to re-read my previous posts to check how much I had previously revealed. (and for the record, I had not mentioned many of the things that you speculated on are uncomfortably close to my plans!)

Is it possible that my top-secret corruption plot ideas are just basic extrapolation? :HideThePain: <- me hiding the pain
I was commenting on corruption mechanics I have seen successfully used in other games, it's what I like to majorly find and play (along with clothes breaking and more revealing outfits) they make the game work because they operate on the imagination and that tends to be the most sensual organ ever. IMO.

Corruption can be fast or slow, done willingly or in those situations where the MC finds herself in a no way out situation. Implementing them with a story is what makes them successful, and corrupting the MC outside of the main event works good with a story, and with the right mechanics. You have chosen the ones I see that work the best and that's what makes the hype in this game.

Last edited:

lfgals1

Sep 7, 2022
I was commenting on corruption mechanics I have seen successfully used in other games, it's what I like to majorly find and play (along with clothes breaking and more revealing outfits) they make the game work because they operate on the imagination and that tends to be the most sensual organ ever. IMO.
Corruption (though I admit I'm predominantly a fan of the trainer flavor) is definitely a really great theme to use of you want to tie your mechanics to your erotic themes and to your story. The idea of someone being made more sexual over time through gradual activity just has so many possible gameplay applications.

Honestly, I feel like the majority of devs don't spend enough time thinking about how their core gameplay loop informs story and generates erotica tension. So it's really cool seeing the work being put in here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: osanaiko

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Wow, where does the time go...

Quick update: I made some progress on building out a quest/location/hints system. It's easy to get stuck in a complexity hole - it's tough because there's so few good examples to steal gain inspiration from. But I'll get there eventually, even if I have to beg Anne O'nymous to save my poor code again :cool:

Then had a crazy busy weekend IRL, and at the same time got another pre-release of "Inner Demons" from the awesome GrayTShirt :love:

But I'm now pleased to say that I've finished the proofing/editing love and attention for that content and have passed it back to the Dev, so I will be getting back to my own project tomorrow. :geek:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Progress update:

The past week has been filled with lots of image editing and SD work as I have been ever-so-gradually putting together the required location background images. AI image gen is both a blessing and a curse - it's easy to make "an image", with various levels of quality, but very hard to make "the image" you want, with specific objects, positions, lighting and "look".

I wish I could just draw the fucking things, but anything I freehand just looks awful. C'est la vie, and adapt / improvise / overcome.

My workflow consists of a mixture of the following:
- image searching with various combo's of search phrases, hunting down "found" background images,
- OR 3d renders in Daz for specific objects or rooms
- AND/OR modeling objects in blender and then rendering and compositing with background to add detail (e.g. adding some doorways with correct perspective and position to a IRL photo)
- followed by lots of snipping together image clips and editing layers into consistent seed images
- using those seeds with Stable diffusionXL + Controlnet Canny to pull the specific layout into a generated image
- Stable diffusionXL IMG2IMG with the Darkcookie style LORA to convert to the "style" that's consistent with the rest of the images
- generally cutting together parts of several different outputs into one and then re-running the img2img on that to smooth out the seams.
- finally, SD upscaler to full size 1920x1080 for the game assets

The steps involving SD generally require 20-200 generations, gradually refining the prompt and then spinning the latent-noise roulette wheel enough times to hit on an image that matches the goal in my mind.

Here's an example of the process. I started with this image from the interwebs (some rando chinese ultra-rich-persons beauty salon):
1721655152592.png

And went through some editing to remove stuff and shift some elements around, then into blender with some forced perspective rendering of additional items in front of the edited background. The render camera is off to the left, so when the output is projected onto a plane, those objects end up appearing in the right places on the flat background.
1721655076294.png

Then through the many iterations of Stable Diffusion and recombining elements and then Img2Img for styling to end up with this:

1721654804351.png

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
do you have any naughty pic? i need something, cant take it anymore
lol me too - I check the forum every day just for this.
Wow, that's both a surprise and very pleasing feedback! Thank you for letting me know, gentlemen.

To be honest, I've been keeping the number of nekkid / sexual shots of Our Heroine under wraps, so that players can go into the game without knowing *all* of her secrets...

But I've certainly got a bit of a stock of practice images that have been created while honing my StabDiff "skills". Maybe those will help satisfy! In fact, how about a little story time?

~ Summertown High received a shipment of girl's gym uniforms that were a little too small...

1721998005927.png

~ And young Roxy was having a particularly difficult time...

1721997604991.png

~ But the coach was more than happy to give her some extra-curricular training...

1721997693118.png

--------------------

In other news about the actual game... I've now got 2/3rds of the location images that I want in the first release ready.

Progress, Ha-Ha!

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I struggled for a couple of days messing with prompts and img2img and controlnet and models, trying to get a background image for a "crew mess hall" for the Moorcock that matched my imagination.

In the end, I fell back to the old-faithful method and grabbed a Daz render Environment (MV Stella crew deck), then did some kit-bashing to get it to look how I wanted, then used SD to redraw it into the appropriate art style. As usual, *some* parts of each generated image would be good but never ALL the parts at once. So then into the image editor to snip and combine portions of the images until I was satisfied.

It turned out pretty well, I think.

Along the way I was trying prompts like "Diner, space diner" and that made me think about waitresses... :devilish:

I'm thinking that Our Heroine might find she needs a few extra styles of uniform if she wants to maximize the "output" of her experimental subjects. "Would ya like a slice of cherry pie with that, hun?"

1722145432120.png

I must admit that I was somewhat inspired by the fond memories of a wonderful cake cafe that I found in Tokyo some years ago - I think it was called "Anna Millers". Sadly, when I was there it was before the advent of smartphones that could take quality photo images, and it would have a been a bit too weird to whip out the DSLR and start snapping away, so I don't have any photos to share. However the internet has got my back and I found some pictures to confirm that, honest to God, the uniform for the waitresses looked like this:

1722146423971.jpeg

And so, for the HORNY BASTARDS following the thread, here's a couple of bonus images - please note: I didn't take the time to fix her face to match the "canon" version, or fix up any "SD hallucinations", so these are a bit wonky and not up to the standard I have been striving for in the "official" game content images.

1722145845353.png
1722145965726.png
1722145902649.png

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
How is this project going? It has me with high expectations!!!!
Howdy! The project is going... okay. I'm still working on it.

I was previously mostly posting on a weekly basis, but there has not been much done graphically over this past tenday so I haven't really had anything to show.

The main thrust of the recent work has been building out a "location-sprite-clickable" system. Basically, this system is a set of Python Classes, global data structures, Transforms and Renpy Screens that work together to allow display of "location" backgrounds and have multiple overlay sprites that are each clickable and can trigger arbitrary code (jumping to Labels or other stuff as needed). Think like a point-and-click adventure game style, as embodied by "The Secret of Monkey Island" (or Summertime Saga).
I've been learning how to put this together by looking at code from several other games, and lemmasoft and f95 forum posts, and repeated experiments.

It might be a good question to ask why I am going to this effort when it's possible to achieve mostly the same result with a normal Renpy screen and imagebuttons. The answer is that doing a system approach avoids mass repetition of very similar code - a concept known as "DRY - Dont Repeat Yourself" in programmer-land. This is especially helpful in the case where I find some bug or improvement in the screens over time - if they are powered by a single piece of code then I can just change it there and have the results work across all the game screens. If every screen was separate then I'd be having to edit every instance separately. The second reason is that I find programming easier to progress than forcing myself to make dialogue and scene decisions - procrastination, I choose you! :)

Apart from the "engine" coding, the other thing that has been going on is a lot of thinking about how to put the disparate scenes I've got written into a sensible sequence for the chapter 1 - this is going to be my first release and I am scared about how it will be received. This is probably a personality flaw on my part - I talk such a big game in giving (unsolicited!) advice to other devs, I feel like I will embarrass myself if my output is not itself an embodiment of all that advice!

Anyway, I've been chatting with a trusted offline confederate a bit about the nuts-and-bolts of the story sequence, and am now 80% sure I have a sequence that will work well from a story and impact perspective.

And here's a bonus image for you naughty naughty fellows:

1723626318577.png

Last edited:

Heavenly6

Oct 3, 2019
I don't think its to unusual to feel like its easy to give good advice but struggle to apply it to yourself. Im kind of the same way myself i think lol. If you feel like you're going to hard on yourself osanaiko then my suggestion is to take a break and 'play' some of the lowest rated 'games' you can find here. Not only will this give you a decompression break it will also quickly remind you that just what you've shared of this project so far already puts it above a lot of the other stuff that ends up here :p.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
And completely unrelated to the game specifically, after 5+ years on this site I now have an avatar image.

I may be an ugly bastard here to corrupt and steal all the waifus, but you uncouth savages should be aware that I remain a gentleman at all times. Good day, sirs.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Oh look, it is $RANDOM_DAY_OF_WEEK, a fine opportunity for a progress update. This week I've done a couple of things code wise, and some art image wrangling.

For the code side of things, I have shamelessly infiltrated a few other games' source code, and stolen the secrets of a "event driven state machine". Muhahaha! Unfortunately none of them were exactly what I thought I wanted - generally too complex for my liking. I suspect this might mean I just don't yet know all of the real needs of such a system, and will end up adding my own poorly thought out complexities in the future. But for now, I banish the siren's call of forward thinking code based procrastination, shout YAGNI* to the skies, and will forge ahead disregarding all doubts.

Basically, I've remixed the concept of a "state machine" from a few sources including some "actual game developers" books and come up with some classes that seems to work okay for now. I then used it to convert the first couple of scenes into state nodes on a state machine definition, and sequenced them together with an event Hub label for the "chapter 1".

*YAGNI = "You Ain't Gonna Need It", a programmers thought meme that helps you stop fiddling with the details of your code, and push on to discover other problems. The concept is that as a dev striving for productivity, you should not take the time to add "extra option FOOBAR" when you first build something, because you can always add it in the future once you know you actually really need the extra complexity.

For artwork, I've been burning up the GPU$$ELECTRIC$$DOLLARS trying to get the look I want for the third of the miner's trio, a nasty little fellow named Angus. Angus is a short, old, angry and suspicious man. In my mind he speaks with a Scottish brogue, but I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble to try and represent that "accent" in the writing. "Aye, lassie, stop pissfartin' aboot and get those teats out!"... Ahem.

Anyway, my Prompt Engineering (tm) failed me and I couldn't get the look I wanted. I flailed around, stepping away from the LORA, and trying other models. Even adding "Steve Buscemi' to the prompt didn't help much...

1724766505920.png

In the end I swiped a face image from another game (Arrr, me hearties...) and edited them into the best of the body/clothing set I had managed to produce, then ran it though the IMG2IMG once more... and came up with this... THE REAL SLIM ANGUS!

1724766602004.png

That's all I've got for this week. End transmission. Osanaiko, over and out!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote