Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Thanks for the info mate! Demo out by the end of the year (at year 7 of development) is still quite a hilarious announcement on their part :LOL: You would think they were building a rocket to Mars, not a VN
What's hilarious is all this hullabaloo over a remake of a game that was completed nearly 4 years ago. People have been able to play the full game (well, not those on Android) since 2020.

Reactions: yercat

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
Supposedly they plan to have a demo out "by the end of the year" but I won't be holding my breath.
Won't surprise that they'll do just that and release the game in like 5 years, i mean, cypress already stopped the pledge on subscribestar so, it's like he has already separated from the game so this project it's like some Valve game idea, it could be done by the end of year or it could be in development for 5 years more and then be cancelled.

lazarusman42

Apr 5, 2017
After reading the update post on the steam page from critical bliss and watching cypress' video about shutting down subscribestar I'm actually fine with where things are. Cypress kept talking about critical bliss wanting to make a game "the traditional way" like a "traditional game studio". The vibe of the video felt more like cb told him they were sick of him bilking supporters for money every month when they're obviously the only ones putting in any work on it.

Life altering accident or not, I don't really care, the guy has been highly un-professional with his management of this project for years. If critical bliss hadn't teamed up with (bought?) the game it likely would have just been marked abandoned eventually. I'm glad he's out. What's been posted sounds like bliss liked the concept of what he did but think what he put out was weak and want to do something grander with it.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
So

uh

Yeah

…how we doin in here? Anything interesting happen
Nothing.

After reading the update post on the steam page from critical bliss and watching cypress' video about shutting down subscribestar I'm actually fine with where things are. Cypress kept talking about critical bliss wanting to make a game "the traditional way" like a "traditional game studio". The vibe of the video felt more like cb told him they were sick of him bilking supporters for money every month when they're obviously the only ones putting in any work on it.

Life altering accident or not, I don't really care, the guy has been highly un-professional with his management of this project for years. If critical bliss hadn't teamed up with (bought?) the game it likely would have just been marked abandoned eventually. I'm glad he's out. What's been posted sounds like bliss liked the concept of what he did but think what he put out was weak and want to do something grander with it.
Yeah, i guess since CB is now half the face of the game, seeing cypress scratching his balls wasn't something they wanted, maybe they told him to fuck off of the project if he wasn't gonna make it before end of year like the steam page says, something that was pretty obvious as a matter of fact, and that they will take the wheel and make it by themselves.

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
“Demo by the end of the year”

really…? Hahaha that is absurd…how do you not at the very least have enough material for a demo right now??

That’s crazy.

do you release what that means it’s been what? 5-7 years or something and THE GAME HASNT EVEN PROGRESSED TO THE POIT OF A DEMO?!

just…what the fuck have they been doing if they aren’t even that far…how much money did they make doing nothing

Last edited:

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
“Demo by the end of the year”

really…? Hahaha that is absurd…how do you not at the very least have enough material for a demo right now??

That’s crazy.

do you release what that means it’s been what? 5-7 years or something and THE GAME HASNT EVEN PROGRESSED TO THE POIT OF A DEMO?!

just…what the fuck have they been doing if they aren’t even that far…how much money did they make doing nothing
Well tomorrow it's going to be 3 years since he partnership with CristalBliss, and more time since the remake was announced, aaaall that time for a visual novel that has, and art team, a writers team and i don't know how many people coding since i never found anything about the programming part.

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Well tomorrow it's going to be 3 years since he partnership with CristalBliss, and more time since the remake was announced, aaaall that time for a visual novel that has, and art team, a writers team and i don't know how many people coding since i never found anything about the programming part.
Yeah I’m counting since the announcement of the new day, that would later become a revamp then a remake.

But 3 years…just look at what other people just on f95 are to do in 3 MONTHS, with a 1-2 person team.

Either this game better be absolutely massive, or these people are absolutely pathetic.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah I’m counting since the announcement of the new day, that would later become a revamp then a remake.

But 3 years…just look at what other people just on f95 are to do in 3 MONTHS, with a 1-2 person team.

Either this game better be absolutely massive, or these people are absolutely pathetic.
Yep, i said that you have to get a the very least 25-30 hours of gameplay from start to end doing a fair straight gameplay, after that theres has be a lot of shit more to discover, if not it's a fuckin scam. Also we still have to see to what price they'll release the game, i really hope this bastards put a price based on the quality of the game, cuz it won't be any surprise they charging 30 bucks or more for it and be a piece of shit.

Fake438

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, i said that you have to get a the very least 25-30 hours of gameplay from start to end doing a fair straight gameplay, after that theres has be a lot of shit more to discover, if not it's a fuckin scam. Also we still have to see to what price they'll release the game, i really hope this bastards put a price based on the quality of the game, cuz it won't be any surprise they charging 30 bucks or more for it and be a piece of shit.
Sadly I doubt there will be more than an extra hour or two on top of the original. If they had any plans or even hopes for seriously expanding the scope of the game they would be actively bragging about it. Instead the steam page only mentions:
Over 200+ individuals Images
4k resolution support
Fully voice acted scenes
Multiple endings
Dynamic conversation system
Timeline and Recollection System
Extras & secrets
Brand new OST made by the Critical Bliss Sound Team
Steam achievements

Of these the only things not really present in the original would be those "Extras & secrets" and I highly doubt those would somehow end up constituting 20 hours of content.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
Sadly I doubt there will be more than an extra hour or two on top of the original. If they had any plans or even hopes for seriously expanding the scope of the game they would be actively bragging about it. Instead the steam page only mentions:
Over 200+ individuals Images
4k resolution support
Fully voice acted scenes
Multiple endings
Dynamic conversation system
Timeline and Recollection System
Extras & secrets
Brand new OST made by the Critical Bliss Sound Team
Steam achievements

Of these the only things not really present in the original would be those "Extras & secrets" and I highly doubt those would somehow end up constituting 20 hours of content.
Then if that happens i hope everyone downloads the game for free

Reactions: Fake438

UPDATEZEPASTEBIN

Jul 12, 2019
The game is gonna get reviewed into oblivion when it drops, we're talking overwatch 2 levels of clowning on it and everyone involved.
People are gonna expect this to be a 15/10 with how fuckin' long it's taken, and I feel like the game has gone way past the point of it being equivalently worth the wait.
I expect a ton of negative reviews that can be summed up as "More than three fucking years of waiting just to get this!?" even if the game is good, hell even if it's great.

Fake438

Oct 30, 2017
The game is gonna get reviewed into oblivion when it drops, we're talking overwatch 2 levels of clowning on it and everyone involved.
People are gonna expect this to be a 15/10 with how fuckin' long it's taken, and I feel like the game has gone way past the point of it being equivalently worth the wait.
I expect a ton of negative reviews that can be summed up as "More than three fucking years of waiting just to get this!?" even if the game is good, hell even if it's great.
I doubt it will be anything as drastic. I fully expect the game to fizzle out simply because nobody will notice it coming out. The hype could never last for 3+ years even if they were frequently releasing updates. I only learned about it releasing last year and even that by sheer accident.

Really they should have released the demo a while ago simply to get some eyeballs on the game.

Fake438

Oct 30, 2017
Then if that happens i hope everyone downloads the game for free
Honestly the whole concept behind the remake is just kind of dumb. Remaking a visual novel that is not even a decade old and still runs perfectly fine on modern machines is just a waste of time and resources.

I could get behind it if they presented as some sort of an alternate take on the original or an expansion but as a full on remake with no new content its a hard sell no matter which way you slice it.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
For anyone on steam it would be weird to get negative reviews since it was announced like one year ago, so for someone who just saw it on steam there's no fuzz about it. Would be fair of fans and supporters, maybe if the truth gets around of how they just milked the supporters we could get some fair karma. Still yes, for everyone that's been around for while and knows the truth, it will be some half life 3 shit, not enough quality for so much time.

I forgot that they'll always can be more shitty and change the release date, since steam allows to change it up to 2 weeks before releasing, and since they only mentioned the year, it's very likely to happen.

yercat

Dec 6, 2017
Honestly the whole concept behind the remake is just kind of dumb. Remaking a visual novel that is not even a decade old and still runs perfectly fine on modern machines is just a waste of time and resources.

I could get behind it if they presented as some sort of an alternate take on the original or an expansion but as a full on remake with no new content its a hard sell no matter which way you slice it.
We have to think that we keep saying remake as if they will add new mechanics and stuff and this pretty sure it's just a remade since they'll only just add some new cg. Saying that, if it really was a remake, i would be okay with it, but a remade nah.

Reactions: Fake438
4.20 star(s) 123 Votes