Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
i think this is a good idea. could simply be a button that automatically triggers the next available scene. shouldnt be that difficult
Yeah, till then I don't think I'll bother. An empty sandbox like this is just an annoying way to spend 20 minutes doing what 1 click would do in a VN, I have little enough free time that wasting it like that would be really mind numbing

Reactions: qaywsx and Amedore

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Your concern that we do not die of boredom makes me cry with tenderness. And after I've cried all my tears, I think I'll still continue to wait for the new update for as long as it takes.
That's the spirit, keep hope alive. More tears means more hope, let's all cry together.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Does this actually surprise anybody? He comes back after years of no work on the game, posts an update and that he's got everything back on track again and will consistently give updates and produce semi-regular releases for the game, and then out of nowhere a tragedy strikes and almost all of his stuff is totally ruined in apartment flooding. I mean, it's possible, but the fact that he's not even posted a status update on Patreon since March (even "Hey, still don't have a new machine" or "I took my hard drive to a shop and they managed to retrieve 30% of my data") is kind of par for the course with this developer. (Ever heard of signing in on a site with, you know, a cell phone?) He doesn't communicate well and disappears often. So it's kind of expected, to be honest.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Hey man, the dev is one of the most talented people on this site.

I just don't think he has the personality/ability finish this game on his own. I have seen a couple of similar dev's like this already and always just pray that they finish their game.

Because they are so good in what they do they have the following traits in common:
1) Perfectionists - So they will typically want to do a re-boot/rework after about 1 year.
2) Very self-critical - They will beat up themselves, because they cannot finish the deadline and then be so stressed/discouraged about it that they will end up doing nothing. (Or minimal work)
3) Does not take criticism well - Ties in with number 2. They will tend to focus on the 1 negative remark instead of the 99 positives.
4) Very anxious personalities - Gets stressed out easily if put under pressure.

I see GRRM in the same mold.

Unfortunately, f95 is not very kind to these types of developers. (Through no fault of F95. I love this site.). I almost wish that these kinds of developers can team up with a buffer man that handles the PR side of things. Encourages the developer and filter out the overly negative criticism.

Writing these games are tough, and unfortunately these top artists will not succeed in this environment.
I can name a handful of other similar developers, but Polytrix is a prime example.

Hope against hope, he will return and complete this masterpiece in the making.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey man, the dev is one of the most talented people on this site.

I just don't think he has the personality/ability finish this game on his own. I have seen a couple of similar dev's like this already and always just pray that they finish their game.

Because they are so good in what they do they have the following traits in common:
1) Perfectionists - So they will typically want to do a re-boot/rework after about 1 year.
2) Very self-critical - They will beat up themselves, because they cannot finish the deadline and then be so stressed/discouraged about it that they will end up doing nothing. (Or minimal work)
3) Does not take criticism well - Ties in with number 2. They will tend to focus on the 1 negative remark instead of the 99 positives.
4) Very anxious personalities - Gets stressed out easily if put under pressure.

I see GRRM in the same mold.

Unfortunately, f95 is not very kind to these types of developers. (Through no fault of F95. I love this site.). I almost wish that these kinds of developers can team up with a buffer man that handles the PR side of things. Encourages the developer and filter out the overly negative criticism.

Writing these games are tough, and unfortunately these top artists will not succeed in this environment.
I can name a handful of other similar developers, but Polytrix is a prime example.

Hope against hope, he will return and complete this masterpiece in the making.
My only criticism is that he doesn't communicate. (I believe him if he says his stuff got flooded.) I get that he doesn't want to see negative feedback, but I actually really enjoy the game and think he's incredibly talented. Just posting on Patreon (and not coming here) would do wonders for folks like me who always worry when a dev goes radio silent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alfius and Maviarab

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Please, just let this thread die. There hasn't been a noticable update for years now.

Let it go.
Eye Roll.gif

Please, just unfollow this thread and move along yourself, then. Then you can let it go yourself without basically telling everyone else here to shut up. KK, thx bye.

And you're wrong, by the way. There was a noticeable update about 6 months ago. Whether it had content you liked or not is irrelevant. It happened and some of us were fine with it.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
My only criticism is that he doesn't communicate. (I believe him if he says his stuff got flooded.) I get that he doesn't want to see negative feedback, but I actually really enjoy the game and think he's incredibly talented. Just posting on Patreon (and not coming here) would do wonders for folks like me who always worry when a dev goes radio silent.
The problem with people like him, is that he feels so guilty about being behind that he wants to offer you something tangible to show you he has done something, before talking to you, putting himself under more pressure, causing a kind of vicious loop, since the more time elapsed, the more he convinces himself to produce something even more tangible and then eventually implodes on himself.

In truth, like you said, he just needs to communicate, but remember there will be that one guy, even on Patreon, that's pissed off at him for his slow progress and will let him know about it. Hence the dev listening to the 1 critique instead of the 99 encouraging people.

I'm not offering a solution, but just stating my own observation/speculation.
Eneyo Eerie - False Hero was in a similar mold.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes