3.40 star(s) 17 Votes

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
If anyone curious, me tested it just now on old core i3 sandy with 8 Gb memory and RX 560.

90 FPS in dungeon.

Yes, it being slow on some configs is an issue related to OpenGL VS videodrivers incorrect work.

Reactions: weradti
Mar 1, 2020
I was fiddling with 3D parameters on NVidia control panel recently. At Control Panel > NVidia Control Panel. I had Disgaea 1 running slow after setting up new monitor. Fixed probably after toggling smth like Streaming Optimization, there was a tooltip saying to turn it OFF for older applications and ON/Auto for new ones. Maybe there's an option at NVidia control panel to get Lewd maze run better.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Seeing Oracle Java be recommended kills me a bit inside.

Please use or literally anything else that is competently maintained and not a security mess.

regards, cybersec person
OOoo, is this like a souped-up, modern version of Java or something? Total stranger to coding languages, but this looks helpful.

May 25, 2017
If anyone curious, me tested it just now on old core i3 sandy with 8 Gb memory and RX 560.

90 FPS in dungeon.

Yes, it being slow on some configs is an issue related to OpenGL VS videodrivers incorrect work.
So help me out here, how can I tell the game to use my GPU instead of my CPU?

InsolentPawn

Oct 14, 2019
OOoo, is this like a souped-up, modern version of Java or something? Total stranger to coding languages, but this looks helpful.
Oracle Java is horrible, slow, terribly maintained and full of security bugs. Adoptium, GraalVM or literally any other maintainer does a better job

Reactions: Axis3123

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
So help me out here, how can I tell the game to use my GPU instead of my CPU?
Well. I dont really know your config, system or driver version, so i'm gonna lay out paste for most common advice.
Force Java to use dedicated GPU for nvidia
1. Open the Nvidia Control Panel. 2. Click on “Manage 3D settings”. 3. Click on the “Program Settings” tab. 4. Select “Java(TM) Platform SE binary” from the drop-down menu. 5. Select “High-performance NVIDIA processor” from the “Preferred graphics processor” drop-down menu. 6. Click “Apply” and close the Nvidia Control Panel.

Force Java to use dedicated GPU (AMD)
1. Open the AMD Radeon Software. 2. Click on “Gaming”. 3. Click on “Add Profile”. 4. Click on “Browse” and select “javaw.exe”. 5. Select “High performance”. 6. Click “Apply” and close the AMD Radeon Software.

Update your drivers
1. Go to the website of your GPU manufacturer. 2. Download and install the latest drivers for your GPU.

Note this applies to Universal version.
For Windows version, you will have to locate game file and/ or Javaw.exe inside (jdk folder - bin folder - javaw.exe)

Its kinda random tbh, like for one guy RTX Mode (On/off) helped, which was super weird.
For another it was integrated GPU taking lead instead of real GPU, someone said disabling Super Resolution or other HDR crap worked, so.
There was even guy who had to disable Steam temporarily to fix framerate issue.
Oh and there is also Catalyst AI fuckingup some games and stuff.
tldr you need to know your driver stuff and be ready to test different settings.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017
Well. I dont really know your config, system or driver version, so i'm gonna lay out paste for most common advice.
Force Java to use dedicated GPU for nvidia
1. Open the Nvidia Control Panel. 2. Click on “Manage 3D settings”. 3. Click on the “Program Settings” tab. 4. Select “Java(TM) Platform SE binary” from the drop-down menu. 5. Select “High-performance NVIDIA processor” from the “Preferred graphics processor” drop-down menu. 6. Click “Apply” and close the Nvidia Control Panel.

Force Java to use dedicated GPU (AMD)
1. Open the AMD Radeon Software. 2. Click on “Gaming”. 3. Click on “Add Profile”. 4. Click on “Browse” and select “javaw.exe”. 5. Select “High performance”. 6. Click “Apply” and close the AMD Radeon Software.

Update your drivers
1. Go to the website of your GPU manufacturer. 2. Download and install the latest drivers for your GPU.

Note this applies to Universal version.
For Windows version, you will have to locate game file and/ or Javaw.exe inside (jdk folder - bin folder - javaw.exe)

Its kinda random tbh, like for one guy RTX Mode (On/off) helped, which was super weird.
For another it was integrated GPU taking lead instead of real GPU, someone said disabling Super Resolution or other HDR crap worked, so.
There was even guy who had to disable Steam temporarily to fix framerate issue.
Oh and there is also Catalyst AI fuckingup some games and stuff.
tldr you need to know your driver stuff and be ready to test different settings.
So I did some testing and I have no idea what the hell the dungeon crawling portion of your game is doing to my GPU. It runs like crap and takes up 95% of my Radeon RX 7800XT's 3D rendering resources. When I resize the window, it runs smoothly and my GPU usage goes down to <10%, only for it only to shoot up in usage and plummet in FPS either randomly or if a dialogue window pops up. It used to not run smooth at all until I enabled GPU scaling.

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
So it works fine if you enable scaling?
What can i say, radeon new cards apparently have some beta drivers :D

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Hmm... now that I get to play this build early, I'm left wondering: Considering that the game is still around 3/4th's complete (judging by the bulging 0.7 tacked on the releases), how much else is planned for the game? 2 new areas? Around 6-7 more enemies? More diverse equipment? More NPCs/recruitable allies? Heck, maybe there are plans of DLC or something, adding on top of the game once it's finished, but that would still leave the implementation aspect of it, plus whatever time of conceptualizing, coding, sketching, drawing, coloring, etc it takes.

TL;DR: If there's a roadmap, I'd love to see it, but I'm left wondering what else there would be to do on a game like this.

EDIT: I totally forgot to mention yesterday, I'm absolutely loving the futa-tentacle and mind control/possession-futa combo you got going. Goated combo. I even got a real kick out of the cursed gold since I did not expect it to be a trap, conveniently having a gold dildo underneath lol

Last edited:

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Lets see~
-Finish 3rd stage main content (finish mobs, guild lady mercenary, 3 bosses)
-Some balancing and stats checking (need more weapons, class skills, mob skills etc)
-More Iso map content (more small animated events like maybe NPC encounter / scenes)
-Wrap more town quests, guild quests and events for mercs / npcs (cows need more love, as well as alchemist).
-Add 4 stage as final area (perhaps should make it a bit shorter than 1,2,3. Maybe 4 mobs and 1 final boss?
Still unsure about content direction, but i would love to get tentacles / corruption scenes)
-Redo some old content like really old CGs.
-Some systems needs change or removal. Like honestly that talk button is there just for sake of it, i really need to improve that aspect or remove it.

May 25, 2017
So it works fine if you enable scaling?
What can i say, radeon new cards apparently have some beta drivers :D
Better, but not fine. If a dialogue window opens for any reason, I shoot back up in usage.

Turns out AMD still didn't replace their driver team filled with unpaid interns with proper software engineers
I knew I should have gotten a 3070 or whatever the equivalent performance my card is :confused:

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Lets see~
-Finish 3rd stage main content (finish mobs, guild lady mercenary, 3 bosses)
-Some balancing and stats checking (need more weapons, class skills, mob skills etc)
-More Iso map content (more small animated events like maybe NPC encounter / scenes)
-Wrap more town quests, guild quests and events for mercs / npcs (cows need more love, as well as alchemist).
-Add 4 stage as final area (perhaps should make it a bit shorter than 1,2,3. Maybe 4 mobs and 1 final boss?
Still unsure about content direction, but i would love to get tentacles / corruption scenes)
-Redo some old content like really old CGs.
-Some systems needs change or removal. Like honestly that talk button is there just for sake of it, i really need to improve that aspect or remove it.
Ahhh, interesting. Thanks for sharing this stuff!

So in essence, finish this and the next area (plus the mobs and their respective CGs), add more town and NPC quests, rework and add more weapons/stat changes, plus changes in mechanics. Despite me paraphrasing your words, this seems doable. Not sure how long it'll take, but it's doable :D

Also, yeaaaaah, the talk functionality is pretty barebones. Useful for engaging the sexy times, moreso than the H-debuff skill, but not very intricate. At least you get some flavor text, but that's it. I wouldn't be mad if it does end up getting axed in favor or something more streamlined, complex, or interesting. What that thing in favor would be, I would have no idea.

dismasx153

Jun 15, 2023
Every time I go to the mission to rank up the game gets stuck and only lets me throw the skills of the characters to at least get out that happens to me because the mission is not yet implemented or it is just a mistake that happens to me

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Which mission. There are 3 rankup missions currently, let me know where you stuck or attach your save please.
All 3 implemented and should be working fine, unless i broke something.

dismasx153

Jun 15, 2023
Which mission. There are 3 rankup missions currently, let me know where you stuck or attach your save please.
All 3 implemented and should be working fine, unless i broke something.
It's in the first one that you have to capture the centaur, the game gets stuck in me or like the last ones, all the monsters are invisible as well as the scenes.

assc0bar

Lewd Maze Developer
Game Developer
May 12, 2018
Attach me your save please. Invisible monsters are usually related to videocard (or total lack of it) issue.

3.40 star(s) 17 Votes