Roseys

Jul 24, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also small suggestion - especially with Chosen that you do the negotiation distortion, the ability to kiss them! I feel like it'd catch them off guard and also make them fall in love with the demon more/or hate them depends.

And a question - do most of the male chosen just spawn with a small penis? I've tried several different ones and they're all: small penis. And as I type this I did get one large penis after refreshing like 5-6 different times. I refreshed again and got small penis...again. I do get different heights like Average Height For A Boy, Very tall and short for a boy. After another 3-4 refreshes, I actually got petite for the first time!

And Frames like - Masculine Figure, Girlish Figure
seem to be the most common. I also just got huge penis for the first time after like 10+ refreshes. (Re-freshing is just me starting a new game and looking at the first chosen's stats.) And within the 10+ refresh, I got Feminine hips for the first time.

Last edited:

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
is it normal that my pc is saying its a virus?
Is the virus warning coming from Windows Defender? Cause if it is that's normal, Windows Defender flags all programs that don't have a listed publisher as being potentially dangerous so it'll throw up a warning about the program the first time you try to open it regardless of if Windows Defender actually detected a virus.

If it wasn't Windows Defender then I don't know, but I've been playing for over a year without my anti-virus ever once getting triggered by this game so I'm almost certain it's just a false positive. Granted I only download from CSDev's Subscribestar so I cant comment on any version posted here or elsewhere, but at least here I highly doubt anyone has posted a version containing a virus in this thread.

MilkMan97

Aug 9, 2019
Man, this game REALLY needs a better tutorial. (Get Stigma to 10k INJU? Okay, HOW? 11 turns of capture isn't enough to get anything but her minor t2s active)
Following the walkthrough on the fan wiki I was able to get to somewhere around day 20 with the upgrades it recommends. Somehow they had like 50 more energy than me but i got networked consciousness eventually which is the one it said to get asap.
But I can't seem to get my last t2 breaks or really any t2 breaks at all on the third girl, who has morality/confidence core so I'm completely unable to put any damage on her whatsoever since pummel/grind does literally nothing. What am I supposed to be doing differently? Did I just get a bad generation? The other two I was at least able to get two t2 breaks on each, but now it seems I need to spend 3 days doing nothing for enough EE to afford a real commander with even a chance to get anything done.

Last edited:

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Man, this game REALLY needs a better tutorial. (Get Stigma to 10k INJU? Okay, HOW? 11 turns of capture isn't enough to get anything but her minor t2s active)
Following the walkthrough on the fan wiki I was able to get to somewhere around day 20 with the upgrades it recommends. Somehow they had like 50 more energy than me but i got networked consciousness eventually which is the one it said to get asap.
But I can't seem to get my last t2 breaks or really any t2 breaks at all on the third girl, who has morality/confidence core so I'm completely unable to put any damage on her whatsoever since pummel/grind does literally nothing. What am I supposed to be doing differently? Did I just get a bad generation? The other two I was at least able to get two t2 breaks on each, but now it seems I need to spend 3 days doing nothing for enough EE to afford a real commander with even a chance to get anything done.
Yeah you were really unlucky but there is a workaround: exposing allies gives high multipliers so, pick the chosen with the minor dignity vulnerability and the other one second, if it still doenst work pick her third after exposing the other 2 chosen

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
These may help:

General early game guide

Basic mechanics/stats/modifier guide

Also the best way to get run specific advice is to post the save here.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Yeah really, one of the guides posted here or on the wiki really should just be copy/pasted into the game as a txt file, as the help documents there aren't helpful for getting you into the game, they're only useful if you already understand the broad strokes and just need to know the finer details. Though an in game tutorial wouldn't really work, or at rather it'd be a monstrous undertaking as occasionally people have attempted to use the commentary system to make an in-game tutorial save file but no one has ever finished it to my knowledge.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
So this is how a day 10 win looks against judgement (my tempting undead forsaken is at 30k training, and Im probably fucked from then on)

Nobody032

Sep 6, 2021
Morality/Confidence core chosen are harder to break by themselves since Hate/Inju levels are the only multipliers for self circ damage. Also it's even worse if that chosen has minor dignity.

Either way you should Target the chosen which you found to be the easiest to break first and get expo on her(As stated by Fenyx) and Use the second capture for the harder chosen. With networked consciousness it should be easy.

As for the tutorial, yeah right it now it's not very helpful for new players. Though I believe a comment system update will be comming eventually which will add a proper tutorial, either by the dev himself or from one of the better players.
Yeah really, one of the guides posted here or on the wiki really should just be copy/pasted into the game as a txt file, as the help documents there aren't helpful for getting you into the game, they're only useful if you already understand the broad strokes and just need to know the finer details. Though an in game tutorial wouldn't really work, or at rather it'd be a monstrous undertaking as occasionally people have attempted to use the commentary system to make an in-game tutorial save file but no one has ever finished it to my knowledge.
Actually comment system has been broken since a long time ago because new stuff was being added and the comment system needed to be updated for every update to work properly because it kept breaking.

But I think Csdev has said that he will start working on fixing it soon so a proper tutorial will be available eventually.

Also the wiki should probably linked with the downloads in the "Extra" section. Right now it is only linked in the "resources" text file which most people won't even open.

deviantartaaa

Sep 21, 2019
Is newspaper really better than the 10k inju item? I got to town 3 and the upgraded chosen take a lot of work to break vulnerability, 10k inju from the get go would be very useful. And if you use it on the character with it as core vulnerability you get more than enough EE to get your commander going anyway

MilkMan97

Aug 9, 2019
These may help:

General early game guide

Basic mechanics/stats/modifier guide

Also the best way to get run specific advice is to post the save here.
Thank you for the quides. I managed to finish my first loop pretty well after a reset. Now I've got these three Forsaken running around and no idea what to do with them. All the wiki guides say that only the 'superior' Chosen are worth using as commanders, so I guess I just do nothing with them unless I'm screwing around.

Also, at what point is it a good idea to go for Distortions? My second loop happens to contain a CHosen with T2 breaks in two fields already, so I was wondering how possible it was to actually pull one off this 'early'.

Last edited:

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Thank you for the quides. I managed to finish my first loop pretty well after a reset. Now I've got these three Forsaken running around and no idea what to do with them. All the wiki guides say that only the 'superior' Chosen are worth using as commanders, so I guess I just do nothing with them unless I'm screwing around.

Also, at what point is it a good idea to go for Distortions? My second loop happens to contain a CHosen with T2 breaks in two fields already, so I was wondering how possible it was to actually pull one off this 'early'.
you can use whatever forsaken you want, if they can do the objetive you have in mind.
there are incredibly powerful forsaken and others are very mild but most do their job

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Is newspaper really better than the 10k inju item? I got to town 3 and the upgraded chosen take a lot of work to break vulnerability, 10k inju from the get go would be very useful. And if you use it on the character with it as core vulnerability you get more than enough EE to get your commander going anyway
Yes. it is, and only becomes more worth it as you go deeper into the loops. A well-set-up Forsaken can do everything you mentioned with a fairly small amount of starting EE. And the newspaper can often get you that EE--being able to send a 1-cost Punisher out can often nail the +2EE from bringing cores to Level 2.

Your early Forsaken don't need to be super optimized. They just need to do one thing better or earlier or cheaper than a Commander does. Example: try one that's been through an Aversion or Negotiated distortion that deals only INJU damage. You'll have to bring her cost down significantly through raising Disgrace, but once she costs something reasonable she'll ve really all you need for the many times you just need to deal some INJU damage.

I want Distortions on every single Forsaken, every single Chosen, even if they're crap. 2 of the Distortions are free Evil Energy to accelerate my run through the loop even if I don't get anything out of the eventual Forsaken. And the ones I want to use I'll want to deal bonus damage to however I've built them.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019

Base Forsaken aren't that worth using in later loops as Superior and other species Forsaken are better, but you cant even start getting Superiors until loop 3 let alone the other species, and even in later loops Base Forsaken are fine for just using their punisher effects. So feel free to train up your current Forsaken, though unfortunately I don't have any guides for Forsaken training and there are other people here who can do a significantly better job than me at helping with it.

As for Distortions, honestly if you can going for Distortions as much as possible is ideal, since the right Distortion on the right Chosen can make a pretty strong Forsaken, and even if the Chosen is useless for a Forsaken Distorting them is still progress towards the Distortion achievements and triggering the Distortions generally give a lot of EE (though I personally wouldn't recommend triggering Rampancy unless you want to use them as a Forsaken since it makes them extremely annoying to surround for the entire rest of the Loop).

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
Base Forsaken aren't that worth using in later loops as Superior and other species Forsaken are better, but you cant even start getting Superiors until loop 3 let alone the other species, and even in later loops Base Forsaken are fine for just using their punisher effects. So feel free to train up your current Forsaken, though unfortunately I don't have any guides for Forsaken training and there are other people here who can do a significantly better job than me at helping with it.

As for Distortions, honestly if you can going for Distortions as much as possible is ideal, since the right Distortion on the right Chosen can make a pretty strong Forsaken, and even if the Chosen is useless for a Forsaken Distorting them is still progress towards the Distortion achievements and triggering the Distortions generally give a lot of EE (though I personally wouldn't recommend triggering Rampancy unless you want to use them as a Forsaken since it makes them extremely annoying to surround for the entire rest of the Loop).
You can trigger Rampancy and then just like do a Force Orgasm on them later when you're tired of dealing with their bullshit.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
You can trigger Rampancy and then just like do a Force Orgasm on them later when you're tired of dealing with their bullshit.
The issue is that unless you start the battle capturing them, within the first couple turns they'll increase their HATE on their own meaning from the very first surround they're triggering Rampancy, making it pretty difficult to stop them from doing that.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes